Directions to The Wilderness
Click here for a pdf of these directions
1. From I-75 in Georgia, take exit 306, at Adairsville, which is Georgia Hwy. 140. (At this point you will be one hour away). Go west (from the south it is LEFT) (from the north it is RIGHT) on Georgia Hwy. 140 for 16.3 miles until it comes to a “T” into Georgia Hwy. 27.
2. Turn RIGHT (north) onto Georgia Hwy. 27, which is the Martha Berry Highway. Go toward Summerville. After turning right onto Georgia Hwy 27 you will go 14.1 miles.
3. Turn LEFT onto
Georgia Hwy. 48.
3. After you cross the railroad tracks in Summerville, turn LEFT onto Georgia Hwy. 48, which becomes Alabama Hwy. 117. (At the railroad tracks you’re about 30 minutes away.) Go 12.9 miles through Menlo and Cloudland toward Mentone. After you cross the Georgia/Alabama state line, go 4.5 miles. You will see the town limit sign of Mentone, then the Moon Lake School zone sign.
NOTE, during school hours please observe the speed limit.
7. Turn RIGHT onto County Road 106. Follow County Road 106/165 for 3.2 miles to County Road 625.
NOTE: If you’re driving at night be aware of the potential for deer, and long-horn steer that could be in the roadway.
8. Turn LEFT onto County Road 625. Go .08 mile to County Road 626.
9. Turn RIGHT onto the dirt road (actually you’ll go straight) which is County Road 626.
10. Go 0.8 miles to the end of the road and you’ll see a sign for The Wilderness. We are the gravel driveway on the right, just past the mailboxes.